Uniting to Combat the Burden of Obesity
Start Date/Time: 10/7/2022 8:00 AM
End Date/Time: 10/7/2022 10:00 AM
Venue: Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Hotel
Address: 801 Greenwich Ave.
State: Rhode Island
Summary: Steps employers and healthcare stakeholders can take.
What: Uniting to Combat the Burden of Obesity & the Benefits of Obesity Management - Learn the steps that employers and healthcare stakeholders can take.
This event is a collaboration between
- This program will explore the extent of the obesity epidemic, the health risks of obesity, and the ways in which obesity can be costly to your organization.
- Learn how employers are taking action through providing obesity-relevant benefits, and how your organization can improve obesity management to support weight management for appropriate employees.
- Gain access to a robust toolkit compiled by these expert panelists and their respective organizations, helping employers to better understand how to actively engage their employees around chronic weight management.
- Toolkit will include specific guides, websites, suggestions, and best practices from organizations leading the way with comprehensive benefits including how to address stigma and bias, ERGs, and step-by-step guides.
- Leave the program with actionable steps your organization can take and continue the conversation, as well as working together with other employer’s by joining RI’s first state-wide Obesity Task Force.
When: Friday, Oct. 7, 2022; 8-10am (breakfast and registration begin at 7:30am)
Return to Event List