Part time Assistant to the Executive Director – 20 flexible hours per week budgeted at $30 per hour.
The Rhode Island Business Group on Health is dedicated to helping RI's employers get the most from their health care investment through advocacy, collaboration and education. RIBGH has over 75 corporate members with more than 80,000 employees statewide.
The assistant to the executive director is not only a critical administrative support, but also serves as a communications specialist, committed to the mission of the organization. The RIBGH does not have a central office and as such, this is a tele-commuting position.
Responsibilities and Duties
The assistant to the executive director works closely with the executive director to oversee a wide variety of tasks within the RIBGH. These include but are not limited to:
- working closely with the board of directors and the executive director in developing and implementing plans and goals for organization.
- coordinating with the executive directorto coordinate and manage daily operations.
- managing billing and membership procedures in conjunction with the RIBGH treasurer.
- planning, coordination, and promotion of four to five events annually.
- developing content for/maintaining the RIBGH social media channels.
- facilitating communications to the membership and other outside stakeholders.
- producing monthly newsletter.
- updating and adding content to the organization’s website.
Qualifications and Skills
Required: a bachelor’s degree in health-related field or equivalent is required. The ideal candidate will have an understanding the healthcare system and experience working with non-profit, advocacy groups. Familiarity with Constant Contact and Microsoft Office is required but understanding of graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
For additional information and/or to submit resume, contact Al Charbonneau, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-746-5481